Stern & Kay is a management consulting firm providing consulting services to organisations to help them anticipate and identify human capital management needs. At Stern & Kay, we work closely with your organisation to gain a deep insight into your business. We take the time to understand your organisation’s challenges, objectives, opportunities and strengths to enable us provide effective tailor made human capital solutions for your organisation. We recruit, train and develop the right calibre of personnel for organisations. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payable Accountant
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Accounts Payables Specialist, you are an enthusiastic, personable, vendor-focused team player. You thrive in a high-paced, ever-changing environment and are well-organized. You can quickly assess a situation, initiate, and lead others in the steps to resolve the issue and see it through to completion. You take ownership and responsibility for all tasks you’re assigned and see teamwork as a vital component of team success.
- You will maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Procurement, Projects, Sales and Admin Departments as well as all the external suppliers.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Manages full-cycle accounts payable function including vendor management and other cash disbursements, ensuring accurate and timely workflow of Accounts Payable processes.
- Receives, verifies, and processes invoices, purchase orders, and other bills to be paid by researching discrepancies and duplicates with vendor(s), balancing ledger accounts and recommending for payments as needed.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports relevant to the Payables function.
- Ensure compliance with key Accounts Payable controls in line with internal Period End Closure checklists, Quarterly Financial Control and Compliance Framework (FCCF) report.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay cheques and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Develop and analyze routine metrics for the Accounts Payables and utilize them to drive process improvements.
- Assists in setting up new vendors, contractors, and other service providers for payment. Also maintains strong relationships with vendors and others as needed to research and resolve variances, account discrepancies and statement reconciliation issues.
- Complete ad-hoc projects for management. Actively participate in weekly status meetings.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial postings to the general ledger system.
- Execute other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Finance Controller
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and V-lookups
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact and work cross-functionally with various levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to independently research and resolve tasks with minimal supervision with awareness and motivation to collaborate when necessary.
- Perform highly detailed work with accuracy and precision.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage against deadlines.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2022.