Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Installation Engineer – Africa
Vacancy ref: 60808
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Functional Unit: Subsea 7 – Africa
Business Unit or Division: Engineering
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Within the framework of our Projects/Tenders in the Africa region, we are looking for an experienced Lead Installation Engineer to join our Installation Department within the Africa Engineering Management Department.
- You will be in charge of the installation of subsea structures in shallow and deep waters, mooring systems, risers systems, flexible flowlines and umbilicals.
- You will prepare the missions and then support the offshore people during the operations.
- Your interface will be at the heart of the project and you will ensure the liaison between the client, the suppliers, the operational people and the design teams.
- Validate concepts and manage changes accounting for HSEQ criteria,
- Advise adequate improvements taking into account HSEQ and Group standards,
- Actively participate in the training and the career progression of your team,
- Take an active part in the consolidation of the installation team’s expertise,
- Suggest innovative solutions that enable cost reduction.
- Manage a team of engineers within projects/tenders,
- Accountable for the engineering budget and planning of the scope of the engineer’s team,
- Manage all external interfaces (clients, subcontractors, suppliers) and internal interfaces (other disciplines, installation, fabrication, purchasing, operation),
- Supervise the engineering activities in connection with the preparation and installation of the products,
- Validate the production of all documents and preliminary studies linked to tenders and projects developed by the installation teams,
- Plan, prepare and confirm the specific procedures (validation test on site, transportation and installation) and associated calculation notes (design lifting slings, design installation aids) defining priorities,
- Be the technical owner and ensure choice of subcontractors and supervise subcontracted studies,
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct,
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles,
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
- Ability to lead a team across multiple projects.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Missions on constructions sites onshore and offshore during execution phases according to requirements.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.
- Graduated with a Master of Engineering, you have 10 years of experience as a minimum in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation projects.
- Your autonomy, your capacity to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization are key assets to succeed at this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th March, 2019.