Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer
Vacancy ref: 58204
Working hours: Flexible
Contract type: Contract
Reports to: Offshore Manager / Captain
Overview of Role
- Has the responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures. This includes adhering to the Company Code of Conduct, Vision, Values and Behaviours, as supported by the Safe System of Working including Accountability of Safety.
- All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within our teams day to day working practises contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviours and good leadership.
- The Field Engineer will perform a key role in support of the offshore operations and ensure that construction activities are performed in accordance with procedures in a safe and efficient manner. Reporting to the OM, the engineer may also be required to assist the Chief Engineer in undertaking engineering tasks for ship/equipment modifications/repairs/upgrades.
- Normally assigned to a vessel, when not offshore, may be required to complete operational duties onshore in Subsea7’s offices from time to time.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Participate in project HAZID’s and HAZOP’s when available.
- Participate in review of offshore procedures and feedback to project engineers onshore.
- Promote safety culture and initiatives to the construction crew throughout all offshore activities.
- Inspection of construction equipment and reporting potential problems to the appropriate discipline leads.
- Other tasks as assigned by OM, commensurate with individuals experience, skills and capabilities
- Understand clients’ needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development. Train/mentor more junior engineers.
- Provide technical interface between the Project, Construction and Marine personnel on the vessel.
- Give direct operational guidance to deck, equipment, ROV and services personnel.
- Recommend new work methods to improve safety and/or efficiency.
- Provide operational input to onshore project teams throughout the onshore phase of projects.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Business Management System (BMS)
- Follow / Execute standards and procedures for the Operations Management Function
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- Chief Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Project teams onshore
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Show high technical competence in key discipline areas.
- This position is linked to job capsule S878-Field Engineer and band F.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2018.