Summit Vision Management Company (SVMCo) is an Investment and Management Company with an underlying objective to increase accessibility to quality eye health care and maximize impact while delivering value to its investors.
We represent the peak of the excellence in eye care and offer a range of products and solutions through our ophthalmic care value chain network. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI teams.
- He/she will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources Ensure that patient’s lives are secured within the hospitals’ system of operations.
- Carry out analysis on requirements for healthcare-related software information.
- Secure the healthcare data.
- List out risks and constraints in relation to healthcare sector in clear terms.
- Document non functional requirement specifications related to the healthcare sector.
- Utilize the latest business applications, determining tools, programming languages, and other affiliated technology in relation to healthcare.
- The analyst will execute a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- Monetizing data and information. Finding ways to leverage existing enterprise data and information in company’s products and services. Especially lucrative in the B2B market segment – selling analytics as a service to partners.
- Enterprise / Corporate Performance Management. Management and governance of strategies, goals, objectives, metrics, KPIs/KPMs. Optionally, enterprise scorecards (Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, TQM, etc)
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Identify or monitor current and potential customers, using business intelligence tools.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Identify and analyze industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications.
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- BI governance
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile)
- BI competency center or center of excellence (BICC or BI COE)
- Advanced / predictive analytics
- Big data
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Collect business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources.
- Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and SQL
- Demonstrates strong change leadership, facilitation, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Very strong customer relationship management and communication skills; Ability to build and sustain relationships at all levels of our business and IT organizations
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner across business and technical departments
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems to complex business processes, and document results
- Proven record of excelling in an ever-changing business environment
- Ability to independently exercise judgment and discretion
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, hands on experience as a data engineer or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three-years experience in a similar role.
- At least 3 years of experience in defining and documenting business requirements and use cases
- At least 2 years of experience with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean
- Experience with the health insurance industry is strongly recommended
- Experience in defining and documenting business solutions and successfully translating business needs into system and operating specifications
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical Skills: Business intelligence analysts use complex computer programs to mine data sources and look for trends.
- Analytical Skills: A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Communication Skills: Once the data is analyzed, business intelligence analysts must communicate their findings to the company or their managers.
- Problem-Solving: Business intelligence analysts need to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Time Management: Business intelligence analysts work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial to the job.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV and Suitability Statement) as a single attachment to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the “Position Title/Location” and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
Application Deadline: 20th April, 2019.
- Kindly state how you heard about the role in the mail.
- Eye Foundation Hospital Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications.