Sundry Markets Limited – Marketsquare is Nigeria’s emerging grocery retail chain – a place where Nigerians can go to find their trusted brands of groceries at the best prices. Marketsquare was conceived from a burning sensation to create a modern and relevant retail shopping experience for Nigerians and a more convenient way for people to get their everyday needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Management Trainee
- Our Retail Management Trainee Program is a one-year structured on-the-job training program with well-defined training curriculum highlighting on our core competency and values. It is designed to develop our future leaders.
- We’re looking for candidates who have the potentials and interest to build a budding career in the retail industry. Ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in any field preferably in Management related courses.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a good level of education to justify grade (Minimum of Second class upper)
- Evidence of completion of compulsory NYSC or exemption
- Demonstrable leadership and supervisory experience
- Good People skills
- Business Acumen and ability to a take a strategic perspective
- Experience in retail sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should have strong analytical and numerical skills
- Computer literate (Able to use Microsoft office suite)
- Demonstrable confidence, assertiveness and self-motivation
- The interest to do shift work over weekends and public holidays
- Willingness to travel and work in various cities across the country and Not more than 28 years old by 31 December 2019.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
Job Title: Experience Retail Manager
- Directs store operations including retail operations, customer service, human resources, property management, security management and control, administration and sales
- Assess local Markets conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop financial objectives and business plans. Meet goals and metrics
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel through training, coaching, development and motivation. Ensure adherence to set standards, Procedure and policies
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Implement an effective loss prevention strategy so as to contain losses by keeping inventory shrink.
Job Title: Resident Internal Auditor
- Continuous risk assessment to determine areas of risk and developing work plans to mitigate such risks
- Monitoring the flow of inventory
- Determine compliance to policies and procedures
- Verifying goods receipts and vouching vendor invoices
- Coordinating loss prevention strategies and techniques
- Advising management of risk areas and solutions and working with management to implement these solutions
- Communicate findings to management and report on audit activities
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings
- Working with the accounting function in the external audit process
- Generally assisting with stock counts, and inventory valuation
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Accounting or any relevant field with Second class Upper degree. ICAN is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years audit experience in a Grocery Retail company preferable.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 28th February, 2019.
- Only qualified candidates who are willing and available to partake in the selection exercise which maybe scheduled to hold in Port Harcourt should apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.