UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development for 60 years,. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Job Title: Supply Manager, P-4, Abuja
Vacancy No: E-VN-2011-002224
Duty Station: Abuja
Job Level: P-4
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, you will manage the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. You will be accountable for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, inventory management of UNICEF supplies, in support of the Country Programmes.
Key Expected Results
- Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- The highest level of integrity, standards and accountability maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular and accurate reporting.
- Technical leadership, support, coaching and training provided to capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of supplies.
- Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
- Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
- Eight years of relevant work experience. Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields Work experience in emergency duty stations.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context
- Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge, market research/analysis) required for Supply
- Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical supplies, contracts, customs function, taxation, insurance, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant Information Technology software
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Adjusts team or department’s approach to embrace changing circumstances.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
- Ensures that team or department follows relevant company policies and procedures.
- Has excellent leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Application Close: January 6, 2012