SW Global is one of the first globally competitive technology companies to emerge from West Africa and penetrate the global information technology (IT) market. SW Global recruits Corporate Controller
SW Global needs a corporate controller to supervise the consolidation and analysis of foreign and domestic subsidiaries’ financial results to ensure accurate, proper and reliable consolidated books of the company for use in various internal and external reporting purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Monthly close process including consolidation of foreign and domestic subsidiaries. Oversee and review the results of the operations at both a subsidiary and corporate level, including consolidating elimination entries.
- Prepare group consolidated books (Including equity rollforwards, statement of cash flows, etc.), inter-company transactions and foreign exchange adjustments (historical cost adjustment for F/A and deferred revenue) according to IFRS Standards
- Supervise and review completion of all requests for financial information from external auditors, Ghanaian authorities, etc.
- Ensures compliance with IFRS (Revenue Recognition – Capitalization of Intangible Assets etc…)
Responsible for statutory books.
- Will play a key role in choosing and implementing an ERP in all subsidiaries with a Standard Chart Of Accounts.
- Assists in monitoring, evaluating and improving corporate accounting policy, procedures and systems in all the subsidiaries.
- Merger & Acquisition support on an ad hoc basis.
- Internal Financial And Process Audit.
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- Experience equivalent to a 4-year university education with an emphasis in accounting or finance. ACCA is required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years in a Big 4 public accounting firm
- 5-7 years minimum of experience working in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- You enjoy the fluidity of a high growth company combined with the ability to create and change your environment. You have proven leadership track record. You have a “hands-on”, “get stuff done” attitude. You are detail oriented while being a key contributor to the accomplishment of the long term vision.
- This position requires an in-depth technical knowledge of IFRS in tandem with a solid understanding of consolidation of foreign entities. Understanding of external reporting needs is required.
- Having participated in the implementation of Multicurrency – multisite ERP is highly desired
- Experience in the software technology sector with functional knowledge of software licensing practices and revenue recognition accounting rules is a plus.
- Having participated in fund raising through PE and/or IPO a plus.
Proficient in MS-Pack Office – Excel Expertise
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however, some field work will be required at customer sites
- Limited physical effort required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Contact Person : Beatrice
E-mail :[email protected]