SW Global is one of the first globally competitive technology companies to emerge from West Africa and penetrate the global information technology (IT) market. SW Global Nigeria recruits Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful design, delivery and implementation of the enterprise business solutions (projects & initiatives). This individual manages, mentors and leads the team through the entire solution development project lifecycle – from vision to promotion. Through planning, organization, collaboration, strategic guidance, formal process and controls, and good communication, the Project Manager ensures the success of each initiative. This individual possesses a strong background in project management, business solution development, web technologies, development methodologies and leadership. Candidates must have outstanding communication, team building, strategic thinking, creative and technical skills allow the delivery of initiatives on time as well as budget. The Project Manager works closely with the client and management to define and manage expectations, control scope, mentor and lead their team, implement methodology and continually enhance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the technical implementation strategy to support the enterprise’s business strategy.
- Manage the design and delivery of enterprise-level business initiatives.
- Creates accurate project estimates, define the project’s approach, create staffing plans, and develop and maintain a precise project plan.
- Define a clear project hierarchy, establish roles and responsibilities identify priorities, manage schedules, and work closely with team members to ensure they are on track.
- Manage and mentor team members and enable them to meet their fullest potential. Proactively anticipate and resolve all issues. Act as a liaison between the team and the client. Actively manage scope and eliminate potential slippage by eliminating obstacles – real or perceived – and staying constantly involved in the project.
- Establish and implement reporting, budget tracking, communication, issue resolution, change control and team protocol process standards.
Implement delivery methodology and processes to ensure the successful delivery of all engagements.
- Offer business and technical insight during the design of the solution and collaborate with the team.
- Author strategic documents that can be used to establish client executive buy-in, identify project ROI and secure sponsorship.
- Provide guidance and work closely with the team and the client to ensure that client expectations are properly set – and then exceeded.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time – and on budget.
- Exercise strong writing and messaging skills.
- “Own” each project; taking a proactive approach developing new ideas and concepts and constantly improving the process.
- Keep current with web technology, management processes, and e-business strategies.
- Foster a positive work environment and form positive relationships internally and externally.
- Perform back up account management duties for each account
- Perform other duties as required.
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- MBA in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 3-4 years project management experience in an Information Technology environment
- Project Management certification is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, MS
- Project/other project management applications, and email
- Team/Project meeting management skills, including preparation, execution and timely documentation of results
- Proven leadership and management skills and experience
- Ability to Multi-task and update technical knowledge regularly
- Knowledge of and experience with systems design and data modelling
- Familiar with management tools like Oracle, Agile, DOORS
- Self motivation and results orientation
- Professional presentation and demeanour
- Working Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, however, some field work will be required at customer sites
- Limited physical effort required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Contact Person : Beatrice
E-mail :[email protected]