Posted on :
19 May, 2010
Swift Oil and Gas is the leading supplier of manpower to the global Oil and Gas industry. With over 25 years focusing exclusively in this sector, a database of 30,000 skilled personnel, a dedicated contract and permanent recruitment division, a logistics infrastructure spanning the globe and quality procedures accredited to ISO 9001:2008, we provide a world class service – Whatever it takes. We are recruiting for Senior Contract Engineer
Job Reference: 1238/45
Job type: Contract
Our client a major in the oil and gas industry require a Senior Contract Engineer to work on their project based in Lagos, Nigeria. Position is residentially based, ongoing contract, candidates wishing to apply for this role must have similar previous experience.
Main Job Responsibilities:
* Prepare documentation for and undertake pre-qualification exercises to determine supplier tender lists
* Prepare Call for Tender (CFT) documentation and contract documentation (ITT, Agreements, Contract Exhibits) ensuring that these comply with company and other relevant procedures.
* Participate directly in the negotiation of Contacts / Purchase Orders with Tenderers, providing support to Drilling and Completions Package Manager and Technical staff during Technical discussion and participating directly with the Drilling and Completions Package Manager in the commercial/contractual negotiations.
* Ensure that the tender processes are in compliance with Project procedures and particularly the relevant rules involved in Tendering for contracts in Nigeria.
* Provide advice to the Company representative on contractual issues, and prepare / validate all contractual correspondence
* Analyse requests for change orders, and prepare / validate change order documents where appropriate
* Ensure all contractual certificates and guarantees by Contractor are in place and in the due time
* Prepare the certificates to be issued to Contractor by Company in accordance with the contract
* Coordinate the processing of Contractor’s monthly applications for payment, and verifying invoice submissions
* A MINIMUM of 8 – 10 years of contracts experience (BOTH pre and post contract award) within the Oil & Gas or other directly relevant sector
* Previous experience in the preparation/negotiation/administration of drilling and completions services contracts in an Operator or Lead Contractor environment is essential
* English fluent (written and spoken)
Application Closing date 28th May 2010
Consultant Lilian Jeronymo
Email [email protected]
Phone 01992 704 900