Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals. When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra. We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below. Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Consultant Psychiatrist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours except when on other official duties.
- To carry out a physical examination on all patients before admission according to the Olives Prime Policy.
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant.
- To update clinical notes on all patients according to best practice for record keeping.
- To ensure that within a week of admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the patient and Family.
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Encourage consultants to explain diagnosis to patient and document it.
- To respond promptly to the request of all clinical staff (consultants, other doctors and nurses) to see patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing I.V infusions, administration of I.V drugs, etc.
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from Synapse Services within 72 hours of discharge.
- Must ensure every patient discharged from Synapse Services sees a doctor within 7 days post discharge.
- Run regular follow up clinics and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients.
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission.
- Partake in On – call duties
- Run a smoking cessation clinic.
- Contribute to and be a part of Synapse Services Business Team.
- Be part of the team that makes contact with Organizations to seek clients for Synapse Services.
- Carry out presentations at clinical meetings in various hospitals to inform them of our clinical services.
- To examine a sick/injured member of clinic staff and offer appropriate advice in respect of treatment.
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss service improvement.
- Carry out regular teaching sessions directed at Nurses, Support Workers and Psychologists.
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment.
- Be a member of Synapse Services Middle management committee and attend line Management meetings.
- Be a co-chair for Synapse Services Educational meetings.
- Will be asked to be part of other adhoc committees if and when necessary.
- Take a lead role in developing and writing proposals for Synapse Services -Tourmaline Services.
- Be a facilitator on some of Synapse Services Training programs.
- Read understand and adhere to clinic policies and procedures.
- Will be a clinical and managerial lead.
- Will be a part of the Business Development team
Health and Safety and Quality Assurance:
- Be familiar, understand and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including evacuation policy and the medical officer’s role in such an event.
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations in order to promote the good reputation of the clinic.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager is essential.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
- Post-Graduation qualifications including Masters programs are desirable.
- Experience in non-clinical settings that demonstrates exposure to other industries is desirable.
- Relevant experience in mental health is desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Clinical care and patient management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.