Synapse Services – We are a privately owned Centre for Psychological Medicine located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care as well as treatment of addictions, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telephone Wellness Counsellor
- We are looking for experienced energetic and reliable Telephone wellness counsellors to help our clients build coping mechanisms for stressful situations they encounter on-the-job and off-the-job.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls, utilizing company policies to solve client issues and directing calls to the managerial and clinical team when necessary.
- Our Telephone wellness counsellors are often the first point of contact for clients, so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to client satisfaction and well-being and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- You’ll work as part of an in-house team that offers our employees guidance and resources for avoiding burnout and other risks.
- The ideal candidate will provide personalized plans designed to help our clients meet their short and long-term personal goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, along with a willingness to coordinate with internal teams and external agencies that are also working with your clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counselling
- At least one year post qualification experience in counselling and client management
- Ability to react immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with your callers
- Must demonstrate compassion and understanding for people dealing with potentially life-threatening situations and be able to assess serious issues, such as the potential for suicide.
- Should also be able to maintain professional boundaries and be able to effectively manage high levels of stress.
- Knowledge in Employee Wellness Initiative, stress management etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources as part of a client treatment plan
- Willingness to work on-call
- Experience writing assessments and reports to monitor client progress
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- Must be available to work some holidays and weekends
- Strong problem solving abilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]Using the “Job Title” as the Subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2018.