Taghini Foods is a traditional poultry processing Company based in Ibadan. We supply fresh and frozen poultry products to wholesalers, caterers, and further processors, including products suitable for Halal customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement procurement strategies from start.
- Evaluate and audit suppliers on a regular basis, find alternate supply source when required
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Negotiate prices and contracts
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Proactive tracking of purchase orders: follow-ups, order confirmations, expediting, payments, etc.
- Problem-solving with suppliers to guarantee on-time delivery and quality
- Request and compare quotes from suppliers and choose the best supply option based on quality, cost, and lead time
- Researching, on-boarding and evaluating of vendors
- The timely placing of purchase orders according to the priorities list
- Any other related assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Social or Commercial Sciences is preferred.
- 4 years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position (Supply Chain Management etc).
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in vendor development
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Supervisory and management experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 5th July, 2021.