Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, a fast-growing Restaurant and Food Outlet is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook (African / Continental Dishes)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, a fast-growing restaurant and food outlet with a wide array of menus ranging from African dishes to continental cuisine served deliciously to her amiable customers is looking to hire a cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes.
- Duties will include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, following food health and safety procedures and delivering food in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations.
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift.
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system.
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards.
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes.
- Handling multiple food orders at one time.
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive.
- Dressing order for presentation.
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides.
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner.
- Storing all food properly.
- Sanitizing and cleaning workstations and utensils.
- Reordering stock and food supplies.
- Monitoring other cooks and team members.
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks.
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a busboy, washer, waiter, cook, or relevant work experience.
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend through shift.
- Able to read and write.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] copying [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2021.