TalentSquare – Our client is a Fintech startup looking to solve local mobile money payment and seamless borderless transactions for businesses in Africa. They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Team Lead
Employment type: Fuill-time
- The Finance Team Lead is to provide leadership and direction to the finance team, and to ensure that the company’s financial operations are well-managed, accurate, and compliant with all relevant regulations.
The Finance Team Lead will:
- Take traditional organizational resources such as people, data, and infrastructure and put them together in a cross-functional way to encourage them to embrace a networked model for execution.
- Lead and manage the finance team, setting goals and objectives, and providing mentorship and guidance to team members
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the company, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Monitor revenue and costs, merchant settlements, bank reconciliations, cash movement, payroll and employee benefits
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, and implement and maintain financial systems and processes
- Implement and manage processes, systems and controls to minimize risks
- Prepare and present financial reports to senior management, board of directors, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to support business objectives and decision-making
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and cost savings
- Collaborate with external auditors for annual financial audits and preparation of consolidated financial statements, including signing off on audits on behalf of the company
- Develop and lead a high-performing finance team.
- Establish relationships with existing and potential bank partners to minimize processing costs and secure financing facilities
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (e.g. CFA, CPA etc)
- Must have 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Fintech industry
- Prior experience in a finance leadership role will be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of financial regulations, accounting principles, and financial systems and processes
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, and team management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Salary and Benefits:
Our ideal candidate would be entitled to:
- N350,000.00 – N400,000.00 monthly (net) salary
- Flexible working environment (Full time, hybrid)
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
31st January, 2023.