The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Team Lead Broadband System Planning
Department: Network – Planning Division
- Coordinate the efforts, inputs and outputs from many internal company departments, to ensure that the design and plan are carried out appropriately.
- Interface with Information Systems, Marketing, Business Development groups for new data services development planning
- Interface Primarily with vendors on technical design issues
- Manage and track projects to ensure that data products are launched within specified timelines
- Lead the design and dimensioning of the Data network as well as new Data/multimedia solutions to support the marketing product.
- Supervise the planning and design of network architecture to optimally serve the growth of the data network in terms of traffic, subscribers and capacity.
- Supervise the definition of an optimal network topology for the Data/Multimedia platforms (e.g. SGSN, GGSN, ADC, WAP Gateway, etc.) for deployment of Data/ Multimedia solutions to give MTNN a competitive advantage.
- Supervise the design and plan the evolution of Data/multimedia solutions, such as, Broadband, Mobile Data, WAP, GPRS/EDGE, Wifi etc.
- Supervise and execute prompt provisioning of network capacity for all the Data/multimedia network elements, features, protocols.
- Participate in cross functional meetings with key stakeholders involved in the development and deployment of new Data/multimedia solutions in order to define best solutions for new products and services.
- Coordinate and conduct analysis of network model outputs and traffic patterns to evaluate model and proffer solution if necessary within the Data/multimedia environment.
- Coordinate and conduct technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new data products and produce feasibility report.
- Oversee the meeting with vendors on new market releases and technology upgrade path to ensure quick deployment of new and innovative Data/multimedia solutions
- Ensure maintenance of define network modeling and traffic analysis tools for proper traffic trending and analysis within the Data/multimedia environment.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, activities of direct reports and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedure and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Experience & Training.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess minimum of B.Sc.
- 4 years experience in cellular industry.
- Experience with Wifi, GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA, HSPA, LTE Networks.
- Technical experience in planning, design and working with data network nodes such GGSN, SGSN, [email protected] Gateway, PCRF, Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and other DATA platforms.
- Vast Knowledge of signaling systems and interfaces SS7, MAP, WAP, XML, HTTP, Diameter, GTP etc.
- Experience on Policy Control and Charging functions in the mobile data domain around Gy, Gx, Sy, Gz interfaces
- Basic IP knowledge.
- Experience with Statistics models and trending using Analytic/Modeling tools.
- GSM System Overview
- GPRS network Overview
- Mobile intelligent network (MIN) overview
- Charging systems overview
- GSM statistics handling
- Signaling and communication network
- Data network node dimensioning
- Network monitoring application training
- Project management course
- MS office applications
- Entry level Management trainings
- New technologies seminar / training
- GSM / 3G/4G conferences and workshops
- MTN NWG Africa seminars /workshops
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2015
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online