Technical Advice Connect Limited/GTE (TA Connect) is a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services across Africa. TA Connect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support for states in Nigeria by strengthening their PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Finance & Administration
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the contract
- This job description (JD)/scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Officer, Finance and Administration to Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect), a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services to states in Nigeria.
- TAConnect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support to states in Nigeria by strengthening their
- PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services.
- We value trust and transparency, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation, and sustainability, in all our program operations and stakeholder engagement.
- The Officer, Finance and Administration under the supervision of the Senior Officer, Finance & Administration is to ensure a smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The Officer, Finance and Administration will report directly to the Senior Officer, Finance & Administration
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the processing of accounting transactions according to the General Acceptable Accounting Principles and adhere to home office field accounting manual procedures.
- Prepare vendor and supplier payments by verifying documentation, approvals, and requesting disbursements.
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review and assist in all aspects of project accounting and financial management, using the QuickBooks system
- Follow donor policies, procedures, and regulations in analyzing all financial information.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the Bank representative for Bank statements, and online Upload of Payments.
- Ensure that accounting transactions are accurately entered into the Computerized accounting software. Prepare Bank Reconciliation and all supporting documents for End of Month Close.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation and filling.
- Support processing of payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as the Provident Fund withholdings and employer contributions
- Liaise with Regulatory Authorities on employee Taxes and mandatory deductions (Pension & NSITF) ensuring compliance by remitting prompting on a monthly basis, as required.
- Prepare accurate payment sheets before they are sent to the Senior Officer, Finance & Administration, and Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations for review and approval. will report directly to the.
- Support the Senior Officer, Finance & Administration in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with organization and donor rules and regulations.
- Support with needed information and documentation during any audits, financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Support the SFAO in ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies, and all equipment are working properly and maintained
- Support the SFAO in Vehicle Management in accordance with TAConnect’s vehicle usage procedure, and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the project’s goals and objectives
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting. A Postgraduate degree in a related field and possession of professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA is preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance, accounting, and internal controls
- Experience with the donor-funded project is preferred but other donor-funded projects will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and proper financial documentation using QuickBooks as well as various commercially available accounting software programs
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets and understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, commitment to accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English, and any other local languages
- like Hausa, Igbo, and/or Yoruba, including business terminology.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to: [email protected] using “Officer, Finance & Administration” as the subject of the email.
1st October, 2022.
Note: TAConnect will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.