Posted on :
21 Jun, 2016
21 Jun, 2016
Our client is a Government owned public company set up with the specific mandate to operate and maintain high quality standards of major public infrastructure projects and other related services within Lagos environs at an affordable premium in order to improve the lives of residents.
The company is geared towards becoming a pioneer in the way public infrastructure is delivered throughout Nigeria in line with the highest possible standards of professionalism and integrity. The pursuit of this ambition have created a need for dynamic and competent individual to fill the position of Technical Assistant to the Managing Director.
Job Title: Technical Assistant to the Managing Director
Job Type: Permanent
The position reports to the Managing Director (MD) and has primary responsibility for providing strategic, research, technical and operational support to the MD. The position is aimed at enhancing the effectiveness and impact of the MD’s role in the execution of policies and programmes of the Company.
• Provides professional support to the MD on strategic, operational, secretarial/administrative matters
• Provides input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
• Facilitates the development of corporate and functional business strategies to align with business direction and vision of the company
• Assists the MD in collating and presentation of budgets and monthly returns from departments and other workstations as well as annual financial and other reports
• Prepares and distributes relevant reports or documents to Heads of Departments and other stakeholders; follows up on responses and communicates to the MD as required
• Assesses and recommends various courses of action based on meetings decisions
• Conducts research on various areas as assigned; develops presentations and delivers academic papers to higher institutions on behalf of the MD
• Acts as the contact person for requests for information, requiring knowledge of the leadership and different roles in the organization
• Participates in corporate meetings and acts as a Secretary to ensure proper documentation of minutes of the meetings
• Prepares speeches, routine correspondence and reports on behalf of the MD
• Receives, screens and responds promptly to all incoming mails, in coming/outgoing calls, enquiries and requests while ensuring all correspondence are treated and responded to swiftly
• Maintains effective and comprehensive electronic & paper filing systems to ensure efficient flow of correspondence and documentation
• Organises the MD’s meetings, visits, lunches and diaries to ensure effective and productive use of time
• Liaises with the internal customers (i.e. Heads of Departments and other members of staff) and external customers on behalf of the MD
•Coordinates to ensure all visitors to the MDs office are properly attended to
•Works with Admin to provide all travel and protocol arrangements for the MD
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent oral communication, report writing, interpersonal and office management skills. The person must be discreet but decisive, innovative, diligent and pay attention to details. Proficiency in the use of MS-Office applications with good customer service and presentation skills is required. Candidate must possess strong financial accounting background, knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology and ability to evaluate and interpret financial reports. Success in this role also demands high level of confidentiality, honesty, integrity and flexibility.
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
•Masters and/or MBA in Accounting and/or Finance is required
•Candidate must be a Certified Chartered Accountant
•Minimum of 5-7 years relevant post graduate experience with at least three (3) years’ experience as a Technical Assistant to a Senior Management role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the button below
Application Deadline: 30-Jun-16