INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- Works with the technical support of the National HR Coordinator based in HQ for the management of the National Staff (policies/strategies, rules and tools)
- He/she is responsible for the design, regular update and implementation of the National Staffs Internal Regulations
- He/she supports the mission staffs (National and International) with team management responsibilities in the application of Internal Regulations.
- Hierarchical: Head of Mission (hierarchical/technical supervisor)
- Functional: National Hr Coordinator
- Coordinates with: Country Finance Officer.
- Designs, implements and updates the National Staffs Internal Regulations in line with INTERSOS standards and with the local Labour Law. The regulations include as
- Supports in the identification of possible training needs Implementation and Monitoring
- Monitors and guarantees the implementation of the Internal Regulations through regularly visits to the project locations
- Keeps track of the training taken by the National Staffs
- With the support of the project administrators guarantees that all personnel dossiers are kept in order and updated (e.g. contract of employment, contract’s amendment,
- CV, national id, pictures, disciplinary measures, leave requests and justifications resignation letters)
- Coordinates local recruitments (e.g.: prepares the Job Vacancies, checks the received applications and participates in the shortlisting, participates in interviews and oversees the whole selection process)
- Supports all team members with team management responsibilities when dealing with disciplinary measures
- Support the Coordinators in the evaluation process and guarantees that all National staffs are properly and regularly evaluated. Makes sure evaluations are properly archived
- Regularly visits the project locations and verifies the implementation of the Internal Regulations
- Supports the Country Finance Officer in making sure that the payslips correctly includes what is foreseen in terms of remuneration by the Internal Regulations
- Support the Head of Mission in the implementation and follow-up of the International Staffs annual leaves
- Writes and shares regular ad-hoc reports of his/her own work Representation
- Makes sure the Internal Regulations is validated by INTERSOS legal advisor and by the local Labour Office
- Liaises with the local legal advisor and with the labour office on the HR matters.
- ANNEX: the salary grid/list of functions, the recruitment process, the evaluation process and the steps foreseen for the Induction of new hired staff
- Develops a standardized Induction programme for national staff
- Designs and implements the salary grid. Updates the grid on regular basis with the support of the National Hr Coordinator
- In coordination with the Mission Sectorial Coordinators (e.g. Head of Mission, Country Finance Officer, Log coordinator, Project Manager) designs and updates the mission
- organizational charts (for both National and International staffs) and the national staff Job Descriptions. Guarantees standardization across the mission
- Follows up on local training opportunities for the National Staffs and shares information/coordinates with the Project Managers or any other relevant team member.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.