Technoton Limited is your reliable Engineering and Technical Services firm providing world-class services to clients in Nigeria. We are experts in HVAC solutions, fire protection, power distribution, refrigeration, equipment maintenance, and sales of spare parts and accessories. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Resumption: Not later than 12th March, 2020.
- Candidate will be responsible for the daily planning, organisation, supervision and administration of activities on farm estates particularly agricultural crop production and animal husbandry.
- Analysing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Deciding the type of crops to be planted, its quality, quantity, and mode of harvest, preparing detailed plans regarding its planting and harvesting schedules, and collaborating with farm operators, consultants and research institutes for carrying out these activities.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Male or Female
- 30 – 45 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Animal Science, or any other Agricultural related degree.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience – post graduation not counting NYSC.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 25th February, 2020.