Techspecialist Consulting Limited operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations, public and private sector institutions. As a technology intensive corporation geared to deliver state-of-the-art solutions in areas of integrated business solutions, system applications, product development, Internet/Intranet applications and communication & network management services, we pride ourselves in offering corporate and business customers integrated solutions for the networked future of business and society. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Analyst
NIL Reports to: Team Lead
- The main function of this job role is to analyse data, develop and maintain database by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users, etc. for client organisations and TCL.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company and her clients, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- The job holder will also analyze processes and systems to extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze data to develop predictive models for clients as assigned
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement databases in accordance with end users’ information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, database back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup database
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Create, manage and maintain analytically rigorous data
- Analyse and manage data in order to build data driven insights and high impact data models to generate significant organizational value for clients and TCL;
- Create models and processes to collect, distill and interpret data with a view to aid better, more informed decision making;
- Analyze a broad range of existing data sources;
- Run analytical experiments and evaluate theoretical alternate models for clients as assigned
- Conduct statistical analysis to develop strategies
- Identify data patterns and trends
- A Degree in the Sciences with a minimum of 3 years-experience in a similar role.
- Other relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
Specific Database Competencies:
- Experienced in data analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques
- Experienced in one or more programming languages (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java)
- Experienced in genetic algorithms, logistic and linear regression, PCA, decision tree analysis and statistical methods
- Familiarity with data automation techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL Database
- Good knowledge of Power BI and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of database backup, recovery, security, integrity and high availability
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Ability to think algorithmically
- Excellent knowledge of Data Maintenance
Behavioral Qualities/Other Competencies:
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Attention to Detail
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019.