Tek Experts provides the services of a uniquely passionate and expert workforce that takes intense pride in helping companies manage their business operations. We care about the work we do, the companies we partner with and the customers they serve. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 10040
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos (Hybrid)
Category: Information Technology
- We’re searching for a Senior Operations Manager (SOM) with proven experience focusing on people management (retention and talent), creativity, and who adds visionary thinking by establishing and assuring a high-performance culture within the designated Line of Business (LoB).
- Expected to drive cross-functionally engagements to have a broader impact than its respective LoB.
- The SOM is the most senior operations role at the Site/Country and has ample experience in leadership, communication, and leading a high-performing organization and client relationship management.
- The role assumes a daily interaction with the client assuring the performance targets and customer satisfaction is optimally managed.
- The role will operate within the Operations unit under the Global Delivery Lead and is available at all Tek Experts locations globally.
- Plan by prioritizing customer, staff, and organizational requirements while serving as part of the escalation path for operational issues when needed.
- Onboard a team of specialists and develop the business unit knowledge in Tek Experts.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with clients, maintaining continuous lines of communication, and keeping relevant key stakeholders informed of all critical issues.
- Responsible for a wider perspective of metrics achievement while ensuring the support team meet KPIs and SLA.
- Manage Operations Managers and delivery managers locally
- Run, analyze reports, and create action items to improve the operation and ensure metrics achievement, owning and suggesting plans around people management, attrition, training, and empowerment together with team and stakeholders.
- Manage headcount numbers and work with the client director to update the quotas/targets
- Maintain open communication with the delivery team to review team’s status, metrics, possible issues/needs and proceed with actions while keeping the managers updated on latest news, action plans, etc.
- Attend regular operational and business review meetings as well as concurrent meetings with customer’s managers.
- Participate in the review processes and workflow to diagnose areas for improvement.
- Create, implement and maintain business processes, proactively proposing improvement plans where gaps are noticed.
- Performance management and people development (Talent Management) for the LoB.
- Play a key role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within the line of business.
- Responsible for communicating the strategy and guiding operations managers in attracting, retaining, and developing talent while driving culture and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure the performance management process is in place along with resource & succession planning.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with operations managers and team members, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring the operations management team to deliver high employee engagement. Promote a culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Work with operations managers to create challenging & achievable goals while creating an atmosphere of success. Ensure employees know what is expected of them at work so that they can commit, deliver, and focus on what matters most.
- Manage policy design, approval, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required, preferred ITIL or related certifications, master’s degree is desirable.
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken.
- 5-10 years of leadership and people management experience in similar role or capacity, proven operations background.
- Proven experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports and the ability to build, develop and manage strong client relations, build on trust and integrity.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, objective critical thinking, multi-tasking, interpersonal, people management, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer-centric focus – ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with team, customers, internal & external stakeholders.
- Strong People Management ability supporting company values, experience with leading multiple teams and in leading managers and teams through a fast changing environment.
- General knowledge of social, political, economics, finance, labor laws and regulations.
- Previous success motivating and engaging teams to deliver high customer satisfaction within defined cost budgets – performance management, staffing, management proficiency, coordination, coaching, and recognition.
- Previous experience managing operations business, process improvement, decision making, strategic planning, and quality management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online