Posted on :
12 Jul, 2012
12 Jul, 2012
Our client in the Telecommunication Industry need qualified candidates to feel the above position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
• Management and Monitoring of Data Centre 24 * 7
• Faults and request resolution on applications, system availability, backup & restore for internal customers.
• Effective monitoring of the status and performance of data center environment – power, air conditioning, fire alarm system and physical environment
• Monitor backups using backup detail schedule and tools
• Log an incident for all backups detected with errors and send sms out for all backup failures.
• Managing backup tapes and its offsite storage to improve data availability and reliability
• Prompt identification of problems in the IS environment and advise responsible authority according to standby roasters and escalation procedures.
• Managing the stores, Cage area, DMZ and controlling the inventory therein
• Managing and controlling of the staging areas and the introduction of new infrastructure into production areas
• Physical inspection and reporting on data center Uniflair AC, Windows servers, UNIX servers and frames, Storage, fire alarms, etc.
• Data center access control management in line with defined change management procedures.
• Prompt identification of unorganized and messy cables cabling management and standards maintenance.
• Data center environmental condition monitoring (temperature, humidity, and power) using the tool available for temperature measurement.
• Communication and escalation processes and procedures as well as the expectations for this function.
• Notify IS support staff of critical events within their environments, proactively and interactively.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent science/Engineering related
• ITIL Foundation Certification.
• Working knowledge of Incident Management process, Change management and Service Desk function in line with ITIL standards.
• Good knowledge of Event Management and Problem management with ITIL standards
• Good knowledge of how to use remedy application effectively.
• Effective and Efficient Quality Customer Service
• Good knowledge of escalation process.
• Effective Communication Skills
• Interpersonal and team work skills.
• Customer focused and open minded.
• High level of commitment, accountability, integrity, assertiveness, innovation, confidence, can-do attitude and attention to detail.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes in an MsWord format to: [email protected]
PLEASE, ENSURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MAIL.