Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL) – Specialises in design, roll out, management and performance improvement of the cellular network to ensure the cellular operator can offer best in class service to its customers while maximising return on its network infrastructure investments. TCL’s team of experienced engineers have successfully delivered its full range of services to more than 15 cellular operators around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
- We seek a Marketing Manager to take over our product and services marketing and grow revenue in accordance with corporate goals.
- The Marketing Manager will be responsible for providing our sales force, Service Solution Managers (SSM) and KAMs with the information it requires to advance product/service sales, and be the champion for new services or product innovations.
- The successful candidate will also be charged with developing an engaging marketing programs, that will reach the target audience for each service or product to inspire an increase in sales revenue and profitability in all markets we operate in West and Central Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop product messaging that differentiates existing and new products and services from others in the market
- Communicate the value of new products to the KAMs and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Plan, lead and own the launch of new products and involve several different departments in such launches
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products and take part in presentations, where applicable.
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas
- Review inventory levels (team capabilities and level for services) and ensure product or services availability
- Establish timescales for development of new products with product management, project delivery team, key suppliers/partners and senior management.
- Use market research data to determine appropriate service/product pricing
- Create product content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts
- Seek, speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences to generate more demand for products to boost sales revenue.
- Propose, test and keep new products development and launch within a budget and time scale
- Research competitor offerings and react when appropriate.
- Responsible for bidding processes with support from Sales, Technical and Finance functions.
- Determines annual and gross profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for accounts.
- Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Recruit and develop a team of product marketing executives.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational targets and contributes country marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, as well as new service development and existing service enhancement.
- Defining customer satisfaction standards and implementing across country operations to drive service delivery.
- Coordinate Key Account Manager in management of order to cash cycle, including PO Collection, Customer Acceptance and Invoicing and Payments.
- Plan and Monitor all activities of Key Account Manager such as Client Engagement Process from bidding to payment, analysing market strategies, et cetera.
- Develop new customer relationships to boost sales pipeline and conversion rates.
- Contribute to new products/solutions design, development and delivery.
- Understand the business, its capabilities, product, and service offerings and ensures that service benefits / value propositions are available to target markets and accounts.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending “go or nogo” decisions.
- Supervises and approve output of all team members.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- An MBA would be an added advantage
Required Working Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with demonstrable achievements as a service or product marketing manager within a business to business situation.
- Experience working in a wireless telecommunications or technology industry will be an advantage.
- Relevant professional certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Knowledge of marketing, project/services/product management.
- Experience in customer relationship management, customer focused, understands the industry
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Knowledge of PR and Brand communication
- Must be capable of selling and leading in a fastpaced environment.
- Networking and Ability to interact at highest level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Initiative, Creativity and Imagination
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of designing and publication of materials
- As a product marketing manager you will have to work with teams across your organisation.
- This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives.
- New product launches are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role.
- You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences.
- Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Extended work hours
- May require travel – local and international
- Work under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of your mail.
Application Deadline 18th December, 2017.