Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Total is one of the world’s major oil and gas groups. Its activities include exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing, TEPNG Nigeria recruits Metering Engineer
This job is within the framework of the AKPO Operations. AKPO is a large deep sea oil & gas field, integrating subsea wells, flowlines, risers, a FPSO, an off-loading buoy, export lines and their associates facilities. The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
• Follow-up condition and ensure accuracy of all metering systems; visit FPSO regularly to evaluate equipment condition and audit the working practices in relation with the metering systems
• Ensure and update as necessary the validity of the procedures and other reference documents (production or maintenance related) related to the metering systems
• Shall react effectively where necessary to site maintenance requests and manage metering interventions to reduce downtime due to metering systems failure
• Ensure update of metering database to ease administration and increase access to metering information to the relevant users.
• Ensure that periodical meter proving, prover loop and tank/vessel calibrations are carried out according to the Department of Petroleum Resources requirements and the certifications of same, duly approved by same regulatory body, DPR.
• Follow-up quarterly validation of Akpo fiscal gas metering instrumentation and sampling for laboratory compositional determination of impurities by a third party certifying company and NLNG.
• Communicate effectively with the well performance team / GSR on the reliability of well test measurements on the test separators and/or multi phase flow metering unit(s) (BS&W, GOR, density measurement as used in water content determination or Net Oil, etc)
• Detect the anomalies of the metering units/ systems; Initiates adequate corrective actions,
• Organize, and as necessary supervises the calibration and repairs.
Click here for more details and apply online