Terra Energy Services and its subsidiary companies are leading suppliers of a wide range of upstream engineering and management services including manpower supply, quality management, environmental services, facilities, project and resources management, maintenance, inspection and procurement services with distinctive capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Nurse
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and treat patients for health problems affecting their community (Health outreach).
- Developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies.
- Support the community health care team /partners by coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services.
- Administer immunizations to children in poor communities.
- Inspect and supervise health facilities for safety risks.
- Monitor plans for increasing patience safety and improving health.
- Respond to emergency relief situations.
- conduct hospital inspection visits and perform preventive maintenance of health equipment’s.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements, keeping patient information confidential.
- Prepare proactive emergency community plans for Prevention, Preparedness Response and Recovery.
- Disseminate health information /education by working with local officials, the community, and schools.
- Assess community needs & develop public health plans and programs for military members and their families.
- Carry out clinical, Emergency, Preventive healthcare, Occupational health, Community health care, External (HMO), Cleaning and Ancillary services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current practicing licence with 5 years post qualification experience,
- Certification of completion – registered nurses (RN)
- B.Sc in Nursing with Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration in general nursing and midwifery, with anyone of the following – Accident and emergency nursing, public health, occupational health.
- Work experience in oil and gas will be an added advantage
- Experience in providing nursing care to patients and observation where necessary.
- Knowledgeable in infection control and management
- Ability to demonstrate authenticity, collaboration, and willingness to learn
- Report writing skills
- Good knowledge of maternal and child health (immunizations, family planning, gynae, Antenatal care, and health promotion
- Knowledge of proper nutrition in certain health conditions
- Health promotion skills which include presentation skills,
- Knowledge of Preventive & promotional health care,
- Emergency response skills.
- Supervision of primary referrals and tracking.
- Electronic record skills.
- Good communication & Time management skills
- Good customer relations and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to work unsupervised in the communities.
- Lead community works.
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to write proposal, deliver health outreach programme and design, implement, and evaluate both patient–specific and population-based programs of care.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
30th September, 2022.