Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation.
In over 30 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Summary of the Position
- The HR/Adm Manager, under the delegation and the supervision of the HR / Finance / Adm Coordinator, is responsible for the daily proper management of TdH’s operations related to the human resources or/and the general administration.
- That includes the Recruitment. Onboarding, Contract management, payroll processing, travel management or the liaison with the fiscal and administrative authorities for the issues linked to the HR/Administrative Unit.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Ensure the daily implementation and operation of HR/Admin Department:
- To ensure the issuance and/or gathering of all supporting documents related to the administrative file of each national employee: ID card or other identification document (driving license, voter’s card, etc.) copies, TdH NGA administrative information form, certificates, etc.;
- To prepare working contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each national employee is aware of contract terms and conditions;
- To prepare end of contract documents;
- To forward updates, regarding all national employee and their contract terms (dates, position, monthly allowance);
- Maintain the employee’s personnel file;
- Updating the HR databases. ( New employee – starting/ending date contract);
- To post the advertisement for the vacancies.
- Collecting the CVs and sending it to the concerned parties.
- Preparing a time schedule for the test and interviews
- Following the test and the interview process
- To ensure that all the recruitment documents and resumes received are available and archived
- To prepare the integration of any new employee (contract, ToR, document to bring etc…);
- To print salary /payment sheets at the end of each month and ensure it is signed by local/field staff.
- Follow up to send and receive the payment sheet from /to the staff in the governments.
- S/He will manage the visa application process / Tracking for the international staff
- She will manage the booking related to the domestics and international travels (accommodation, flights, etc.), except for the Helicopter field dropping-off/picking-up.
- S/He will supervise the housing keeping staff for the facilities.
- She will ensure the proper maintenance of the facilities (offices and guesthouses).
- S/He will manage the allocation of the ID Card, Business cards, phone bundles for the staff
- S/He will ensure the regular updating of the contact list of the delegation
- S/He will manage and track the rental contract for the facilities (accommodations/office)
- To file and archive the general administration documents (MoUs, etc.)
- Confirm employee’s attendance at the office through the proper keeping of attendance tracking forms;
- To be involved in the preparation logistics for travels: booking hotel, air ticket …);
- Perform other tasks related to the administrative administration of the Office.
- University Degree, in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related field is required
- Demonstrated understanding of office management and strong command of administrative tools
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook is mandatory
- Minimal 5 year of experience in HR at high volume, complex environment is required
- Extensive working knowledge of developing and implementing HR/Admin systems across the organization with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates is required
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Required: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri (written and spoken)
- Alignment with the values, vision and mission of Tdh.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2020.