At Tetra Pak, we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere, and we protect what’s good – protecting food, protecting people and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people’s lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accounting Expert
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a Senior Accounting Expert who will, provide accurate information for financial reporting and have specialized knowledge of all processes and procedures. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
- May act as a lead, providing subject matter guidance to team members.
- The successful candidate will report to the Accounting & Tax Manager EA and WA.
What you will do:
- Prepare annual financial statements, lead, and manage statutory audit process.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly booking closing financial reporting activities including Trial balance comparative analysis, making necessary adjustment entries on SAP such as provisions, accruals & recurring entries in adherence to reporting guidelines & deadlines.
- Fixed Assets Management including asset count & verification & following through on discrepancies, if any.
- Coordinate monthly balance sheet pack reconciliation and review meetings with all the Finance stakeholders. Drive resolution of variance with stakeholders.
- Coordinate payments of foreign based vendors in compliance with Central bank of Nigeria regulations and monitor vendors payment process.
- Drive Financial Reporting Manual (FRM)/ IFRS compliance, General ledger management, process improvements and functional KPIs.
- Monthly monitoring of Internal controls & follow ups to ensure proper approvals & timely archiving of support documents.
- Hyperawareness of business regulations & local laws & ensure operations within the same.
- Participate in cross functional projects & drive continuous improvements projects for accounting.
- Drive stakeholder management meetings and follow through on agreed actions.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects or any other duties as required from Accounting Manager and/or Finance Director, as necessary.
We believe you have:
- Minimum of First University Degree (Bachelor) or equivalent in Accounting / Finance or related discipline
- Chartered member of Institute of Charted Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA or in view
- Min. 5 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Experience working with SAP (A must have non-negotiable)
- Having worked in a multinational will be an added advantage
- Experience in use of MIS and financial Reporting Systems is an added advantage.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Good interpersonal skills & excellent team player.
- Ability to work across boundaries.
- Self-driven to deliver results independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details & results oriented.
- Practical Knowledge of IFRS / Local GAAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools especially excel.
- General knowledge of statutory regulations and tax laws, rules & regulations.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online