Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration – USAID State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness (State2State)
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking expressions of interest from qualified Director of Finance and Administration candidates to provide leadership and operations/ administration support to a up to $84 million, USAID-funded State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness Activity in Nigeria.
- The purpose of this Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
Position Description / Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to: human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts or subawards, and accounting/finance.
- The Director also develops the financial capacities of all relevant staff and subawardees under this award.
- This individual develops internal control measures, conducts internal audits, and coordinates external financial audits for the award. The Director also prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent, and an ACA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification;
- Ability to develop and manage large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards;
- Progressively responsible experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, auditing, and accounting/finance;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team;
- Experience in managing and administering grants under contract;
- Experience in building or enhancing civil society organization financial management capacity;
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Information / Notice
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.