The TGI Group is an international investment and holding company with diverse interests. Operations of the group primarily span across developing economies in Africa, Middle East and Asia. The group’s business interest covers manufacturing of fruit drinks, juices and dairy products, packaged food and condiments, production of vegetable oil, cotton ginning, poultry and fish farming, processing and marketing of frozen foods, importation and distribution of industrial and agro chemicals, fish trawling and specialised oil services.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Legal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support periodic Compliance audit of the Group companies.
- Render support on all legal and secretarial needs of the company.
- Render support in the management of the real and intellectual property of the company.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and procedures for the department/company.
- Draft, analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Company and all its organs.
- Serve on Committees or special project vehicles of the company as may be directed by the Head, Legal.
- Conduct appropriate research for all legal cases – legitimacy of asset deals, lawsuit investigations, labour and employment etc.
- Keep track of new updates in corporate and business law.
- Support team leaders in negotiations for contracts with third parties.
- Assist with company secretarial and administrative duties.
- Monitor (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide legal support for heads of departments and units.
- Prepare periodic reports for the department’s consideration.
- Monitor compliance with all legal requirements including contractual and commercial law, health and safety law, environmental law, labour law, etc.
- Monitor, assess ongoing cases and executing the best course of action.
- Perform other sundry duties assigned by the Head, Legal.
- Minimum of Second Class Upper at LLB and/or BL levels
- LL.M is a clear advantage and could make up for 2:2 both LL.B and B.L
- Minimum 3 – 6 years post Call experience at least 2 of which must have been in a top law firm in Nigeria or any Common Law country or in the In-house Legal department of a large business organization, preferably in a manufacturing environment and better still an FMCG company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply