The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: One year
- The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the sentce of candidates to fit the kracwng position ruder the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitts (NSTOP) program.
- This is a senior management role. The Senior Administrator is responsible for the coordination of grants management, operations management, and general administration of the program. Specific terms of reference are as below:
Terms of Reference:
- Prepare, review, and consolidate annual operational budget for the program and track its implementation/expenses including monitoring and forecasting.
- Collate program activity plans and follow up on their execution as scheduled and within budget in liaison with unit heads.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates and schedules related to assigned program fends to ensure activities are carried outas scheduled.
- Prepare and share periodic financial report with AFENET management and donors.
- Ensure timely provision of necessary workspace and work tools to all program staff to promote a productive, positive, and healthy work environment,
- Develop day to day operational guidelines and templates when necessary and ensure compliance to organizational policies and regulations.
- Ensure timely and appropriate logistics arrangements are in place for meetings, workshops, and travels.
- Manage the physical resources of the prograrn through proper procurement and asset management mechanism.
- Oversee day to day office management which includes but not limited to travel arrangements, trainings, and meetings.
- Support in resource mobilization through identification of fending needs, gaps analysts and budget development.
- Supervise the programs administration team.
- Serve as a member of the management team, supporting organizational strategic level activities like policy and guidelines/SOP review/development, staffing plans, organizational annual budgeting, and planning.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences and other related courses and a First Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Economics or other related field
- At least 8 years of proven post graduate work experience in Administration in a corporate environment or any reputable organization preferably air International NGO
- Ability to work and coordinate with donors, partner agencies and otherstakeholders.
- Exceptional customer-service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office packages as well as data analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure, stayon track and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Knowledge of results-based management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates for this position should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2021.
- You application should contain the following:
- Motivation letter, including discussion of understanding of assignment(s)
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their Application Letter
- AFENET is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only shortlisted applicantswill be contacted.