The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments. We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restore CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Procurement Coordinator.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Issue tender documents when delegated from Head of Procurement.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Conduct market research/surveys.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality while maintaining the best value for money.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Work with team members and the Head of procurement to perform other procurement tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems according to International Procurement Standards.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years experience as a procurement officer or related position in an international company or organization.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented, organized, and team player.
- Candidate must have record of integrity and transparency.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline: 10th September, 2021.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.