The Federal University, Lokoja was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011. The University is presently operating on two Campuses at the Adankolo Campus (which is the take-off site) situated in the heart of Lokoja, behind the Kogi State Specialist Hospital while the Main Campus is located at Felele, along Lokoja – Okene Road.
The University’s vision is to be the best among the twelve new Federal Universities established within the same period and one of the top ten (10) Universities in Africa. It is committed to developing high level of manpower and innovative individuals to drive the vision of its founding fathers and Nigeria as a whole. Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the the soon vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards to financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidate(s) for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and must not be more than Sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment on 16th February, 2022. The appointment is for a period of five (5) years.
Qualifications and Experience:
The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player, must be physically and mentally fit, and in addition satisfy the following criteria:
- Must possess a good Honors Degree from a recognized University, possession of higher Degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must have minimum of fifteen (15) unbroken years cognate experience in University Administration or twenty (20) years of other Institutions of higher learning;
- Must have attained the rank of Deputy Registrar and served for not less than six years as Deputy Registrar and have a demonstrable competence in ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc (ICT) for efficient and effective job performance;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies e.g. NIM, IPMN, ANUPA, CIA, AMN;
- Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, practices and Processes.
Conditions of Service:
The conditions of service for the position of the Registrar are as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University’s Governing Council.
Application Deadline: 12th November, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty-five (25) hard copies and one (1) soft copy of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae, along with Photocopies of their Educational and Professional credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following, among others:
- Post applied for
- Full Name (surname underlined)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government
- Current postal address
- E-mail address and Phone numbers
- Marital Status
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(s) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
- Positions held and Dates
- Name and address of present employer
- Present salary
- Administrative experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
All Applications should be in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope and should be addressed and sent to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Federal University Lokoja,
P.M.B. 1154, Lokoja,
- Each application must be accompanied with not more than 500 words of Vision Statement of the candidate.
- Applicants should request their referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to reach the Vice Chancellor on or before the closing date.