The Infrastructure Corporation of Nigeria (InfraCorp) is a dedicated privately managed infrastructure vehicle established and co-owned by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) and Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) jointly referred to as “the Promoters” by appointed infrastructure asset managers. The promoters have committed seed capital of US$2.5bn, with plans to raise up to US$35bn over time.
The vehicle was established to harness opportunities for infrastructure development in Nigeria by originating, structuring, executing and managing end- to-end bankable projects, managed by reputable and highly experienced infrastructure asset managers and in partnership with public and private sector participants.
InfraCorp will leverage majorly on private sector partnerships, government relationships and investments to unlock assets for the development and completion of projects.
In line with this, InfraCorp requires an exceptional individual with a proven track record for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to the board of directors, the successful candidate will oversee the appointed asset managers to achieve investment mandate compliance; provide strategic direction, leadership and guidance to the management team and oversee investment mandate compliance.
- The CEO will also have a primary responsibility for implementation and oversight of lnfraCorp ‘s investment policies and appropriate regulatory frameworks that are required to ensure that bankable infrastructure projects being handled by the Infrastructure Asset Managers will be successfully executed.
Specifically, the CEO will be responsible for:
Fund Raising and Deployment / Asset Allocation:
- Lead the fund-raising efforts for InfraCorp, in collaboration with infrastructure asset managers
- Work with the Investment Committee to determine the optimal allocation of funds across infrastructure asset managers and infrastructure sub-sectors
- Coordinate InfraCorp’s initial fund-raising exercises in collaboration with infrastructure asset managers.
Management and Administration:
- Lead the InfraCorp Management team in accordance with InfraCorp’s vision, strategy & values
- Develop strategic plan (Short, medium-to-long term) for InfraCorp . Provide advice and support to the infrastructure asset management team and hold regular and ad hoc meetings as appropriate
- Sit on the boards and committees of InfraCorp and relevant investee companies.
- Coordinate and manage relationships and communications with all stakeholders public and private; and asset managers
- Work with the infrastructure asset managers to establish relationships within the local and global investment community to ensure InfraCorp has access to investment resources.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and infrastructure asset managers to formulate appropriate investment policies and strategies
- Ensure that the implementation of InfraCorp’s investment decisions are consistent with defined objectives of its risk tolerance and investment strategy
- Oversee the operations and management of infraCorp portfolio as deployed by the asset managers including quality control
- Oversee pipeline development, execution and e’cits through the asset managers in line with key strategic investment trends and opportunities.
- Prepare basis for decisions on investment management and reports on investment management activities of InfraCorp to the CEO and Board
- Advise the Investment Committee on issues & activities related to InfraCorp’s investment portfolio & performance
- Oversee the preparation of annual public reports on InfraCorp’s investments, performance and risk
- In collaboration with the infrastructure asset managers, prepare reports on the investment management activities of lnfraCorp to the Board on a Regular basis.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- First Degree in Engineering, Economics, Law, Accounting, Finance, Business administration, or any other relevant disciplines from a reputable institution
- Postgraduate Degree(s) in any business-related field / MBA
- Professional certification in finance, risk and investment management is an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ senior management experience in fund raising, infrastructure asset management, asset allocation strategies and portfolio management including at least 2-4 years as a chief executive officer
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian infrastructure space with a key size and scale (minimum US$1 bn+)
- Proven experience managing partnerships and large portfolios
- Proven experience leading and managing a sizeable team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong leadership, supervisory, coaching, mentoring and people management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage with others to achieve positive results
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders and effectively communicate and interact with top level management
- Resilient and focused go-getter with the exposure to best practices
- Ability to deliver on set targets and achieve demonstrative results in line with the organisations strategic aspirations
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial acumen
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial with deal making and execution expertise
- Experience with board memberships
- Experience with managing public sector institutions in Nigeria
- Preference for at least one national language in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send a detailed CV, Cover Letter and References to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline:: 12 noon: 31st August, 2021.
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence and considered on a rolling basis. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.