The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian Health and Development Organization working in partnerstiip with the Federal Ministry of Health and with the State Ministries of Health in 10 states (Akwa lbom, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi Benue, Katsina Nasarawa and the FCT- Abuja) towards the eradication leprosy and the care/restoration of persons and communities affected by leprosy. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
- The Transport Officer (driver) performs tasks such as driving officers in the state to various places of assignment and general maintenance of The Leprosy Mission- Nigeria (TLMN) vehicles.
- He/ She will provide safe, secure and efficient transport services to TLMN Staff members and guests/ visitors.
- He/ She is highly required to respect and abide by TLMN’s safety and security policy & guidelines and vehicle policy.
- He/ She will provide driving support, while adhering to standard driving regulations and the Nigerian Highway Code.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily vehicle checks and report maintenance needs promptly.
- Drive carefully and safely at all times in line with national driving standards, and check to ensure that passengers, other road users and the vehicle in/her his care are safe.
- Ensure that all vehicle log books, records of mileage, fuel and maintenance costs made available to supervisor on or before scheduled dates
- Maintain a professional appearance by ensuring good personal hygiene, and clean at all times.
- Ensure that adequate knowledge of the destination and route is ascertained before departure.
- Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state at all times;
- Ensure that approval for repairs is always obtained before taking the vehicle to the garage.
- Ensure adherence to vehicle policy on vehicle usage.
- Establishes good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the Mission, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities.
- Be available outside standard hours in case of emergency and during missions;
- Undertake missions work in provinces other than normal location with overnight allowance if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with local administrative procedures required in the event of an accident;
- Be responsible for in-vehicle equipment.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all staff.
- Minimum of SSCE.
- Valid category B driving license Certified professional driving training.
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in professional driving.
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team or project environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to follow Instructions and Procedures.
- Demonstrable defensive driving skills (in town and on dirt roads).
- Basic routine maintenance and vehicle handling skills.
- Ability to take initiative
- To be over 18.
- Honest and dedicated Circumstances
- Willingness to work for extended hours.
- Willingness to travel extensively. Willingness and Flexibility in unpredictable circumstances and prepared to contribute to the organisation in other duties as required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.