The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Team Leader
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Identification: 10071
Job Schedule: Full time
Duration of Contract: annual contract – till 31st December 2023, with possibility of extension
Job Category: Logistics
Grade: 6 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting line: Reports to the M&E Manager
- The logistics team leader reports to the Area Manager based in Yola, and is responsible for overseeing the logistics officer and assistants in Yola, as well as providing technical support to the Field Logistics Assistants in Gwoza/Pulka, Mubi, and Biu.
- The Logistics Team Leader is responsible for managing logistics staff, vehicle fleet, communications, warehouse, assets and procurement, and properties to ensure effective, transparent, and accountable logistics support to the Norwegian Refugee Council programs in NRC Nigeria.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution and procurement planning.
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs guide our actions and relationships.
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per the agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fueling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Prepare Military Clearances for the delivery of goods to field locations as requested.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Ensure proper usage and Maintenance of the Area Office Generator by keeping an up to date Generator Logbook for usage and services.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Update Asset Register and send to the country office every month
Warehousing and Stock Management:
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure random spot check on the stock in the warehouse
- Ensure all program stock is released through the NRC Stock release/requisition form and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/final delivery point
- Ensure the budget holders and the Logistics Manager are informed about all stock under expired, , and other irregularities or discrepancies in the warehouse respectively.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures, and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with the country office based on the procurement threshold
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on all logistics functions, identifying challenges in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison AM to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker at the field level.
- Updates and manages the contract tracker at the field level.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- A University Degree in Supply Chain Management / Purchasing and Supply or any other relevant field of study.
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Procurement certification such as CIPS is desirable .
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English and Hausa/Fulfulde is an added advantage.
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Office organization skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Good communication skills.
- A high degree of accuracy.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
26th March, 2023 (05:39 PM)
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.