The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Administration Technical Assistant
Location: Yola / Mubi, Adamawa
Job Identification: 9989
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Human Resources
- NRC has been present in Nigeria since 2015 and has been working to help displacement-affected communities meet their basic needs, improve their livelihoods, access essential services, and enhance their resilience to future shocks through our six core competencies: water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information-Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection.
- NRC provides immediate assistance during the onset of emergencies through the rapid response mechanism (RRM). With a workforce of 370 staff and a presence in key locations such as Maiduguri (in Borno State), Yola (in Adamawa state) and JOS (in Plateau state), NRC is able to respond to the needs of those affected by the conflict across North-East, and North Central Nigeria.
- These strategic locations have allowed NRC greater reach from the north and south parts of the North-East and North Central region and allowed NRC to contribute to bridging the gap between humanitarian aid and development cooperation, including by focusing on equitable access to basic services and strengthening the rights of displaced people and returnees. In addition to the Country Office and the above-mentioned Area Offices, NRC has sub-office structures in Dikwa, Monguno, Biu, Mubi, Pulka and Gwoza.
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate HR & Administration Technical Assistant to join our dynamic Team in Mubi, Adamawa State, by supporting the program team in the implementation of NRC Administration and Human Resource task at the Mubi Field Office, and using NRC’ standards, he/she will ensure that quality standards Administrative and Human Resource Process is being implemented.
- To be successful in this role you seek opportunities to ensure effective impact and outcome measurement, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt across core Competences.
- If you are a highly organised individual, comfortable with working in a remote environment and have previous experience of Implementing shelter Projects in an INGO setting, we would love to hear from you!
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support the recruitment process by collecting applications, longlisting, scheduling examinations, and administering tests.
- Support in communicating appointments, and communicating benefit information · Maintaining a database of field office recruitments
- induction of new staff, schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Support in Issuing contracts for both casual workers and full-time workers
- Support in Management of employee records on NRC People at the field level 2
- Issuance of stock requests to the relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Tracking of NRC Tracking tools(Timesheet, Payslip, Stock, Inventory, Leave etc.) and report on a monthly basis
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from all staff meetings
- Supervising the cleaner/cook
- Any other task assigned by Line Managers
- Good University Degree from a reputable university
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
17th March, 2023.