The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are a profitable player in the QSR sector of the Hospitality industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of over 1000 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax & Bank Reconciliation Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The individual occupying this position will be involved in evaluating payroll data, income statement accounts, computing pension & tax, enlightening staff and management on necessary deductions and reconciling and analyzing payroll affiliated balance sheets.
- Assist in the preparation and remittance of monthly PAYE Tax, Withholding Tax, Value Added Tax for Federal and State agencies and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies
- Assist in managing regulatory bodies and ensures adequate planning and control ahead of tax audit.
- Handle the settlement of salaries and wages through the accounts structure and develop periodic payroll reports
- Act as the middleman between staff and pension fund administrator; ensure all staff get functioning PFA account and their pensions are duly deducted and remitted.
- Keep abreast of relevant tax & pension legislation and best practice in order to ensure compliance.
- Ensure daily posting of transactions on QuickBooks and Excel spread sheet.
- Assistance to auditors to finalise accounts at the year-end along with Tax Audit.
Requirements, Qualities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- OND / HND in Accounting or other Finance related field
- Candidate must have 1 – 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of accounting standards & principles including tax and pension laws
- Strong analytical skills and results oriented
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness and multitasking abilities is required
- Ability to meet tight deadline
- Additional Information
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.