The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Research Specialist
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Title: Full-time
- We are looking for an analytical and detail-oriented Market research specialist to assist with improving the operations and decision-making of our business. The research specialist’s responsibilities include researching, collecting, analyzing, interpreting data and using the data to guide the business’s decision-making.
- The research specialist should be prepared to work across various departments, such as marketing, product development, business operations, finance. As such, the research specialist must possess excellent mathematical, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- The specialist must be disciplined and accountable enough to work both independently an as an active member of a team.
- Analyzing past operations’ results and performing variance analyses.
- Identifying and analyzing trends, forecasts as well as recommending improvements to the business processes.
- Researching market trends, conducting surveys, analyzing data from competitors, and analyzing the business’s operations, expenditures and customer retention to identify patterns of potential issues or improvements.
- Using data analysis and interpretations to guide the decision-making of the business.
- Using operations data to develop pricing models and identify areas for improvement.
- Using statistical, economic, and data modeling techniques and tools.
- Organizing and analyzing data, creating charts and graphs, and presenting findings to the team.
- Providing recommendations to improve future business operations.
- Organizing and storing data for future research projects.
- Testing processes, policies, and protocols for efficiency and improvements.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience in applied research or data management would be advantageous.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and data modeling skills.
- The ability to manipulate large, complex data sets into manageable, understandable reports.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and team-working skills.
- Familiarity with data modeling software and Excel software.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Having actively worked in a renowned research agency would be a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 26th August, 2021.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.