Posted on :
6 Aug, 2010
6 Aug, 2010
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster.
The job holder has responsibility for building and managing relationships with suppliers of the contributed data and for bringing new contributed data into the company in line with the Business Division.
Key accountabilities include:
• Develop strong working relationships with existing contributors
• Proactively manage existing contributed data sets to ensure that the data is maintained to a high quality;
• Resolve problems associated with contributions and process relevant SRs
• Look for opportunities to expand the current data offering with the addition of new markets and instruments
• Work with the Business Division and Account teams to find new contacts and build relationships with new suppliers that have been identified as important new targets by the Business Division
• Conduct negotiations with new suppliers for new content sets; work with the Business Division to deliver the Value Proposition
• Manage the administration processes involved in the creation of new contributed data sets including logical records, templates, RDS (restricted data sets); oversee the process through to delivery.
• Provide support on projects such as Stale Data Cleanse, Six Sigma and navigation improvements
• Be a centre of excellence on all issues relating to contributed data
• Be a flexible team player within the contributions group
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent relationship management skills
Comprehensive understanding of financial markets
Strong self motivation and goal orientated
Extensive team work
Knowledge of Reuters systems
French language (spoken, written) imperative
Time management skills
Minimum 1 year experience in financial markets
Local language skills
Thomson Reuters employees take pride in providing our customers around the world with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Thomson Reuters values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Business Development
Primary Location Nigeria-Lagos
Organization Markets Transactions
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Click here to apply for this Position: https://toc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl