TL First Group pioneers in integrating accountancy, management consultancy, public service productivity, leadership development and international development in a unique way that improves the social economic wellbeing of citizens and the yield of investors. Our unique approach provides our clients with added value through integrated solutions and delivery partnership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- TL First requires a General Manager based in Lagos/Abuja, with occasional travel to the London office.
- The General Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the organization’s operations, and contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic objectives.
- The GM will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- The GM will oversee excellent delivery of the organization’s services and participate in personnel matters, general administration, and business planning.
- The GM will lead core business development and marketing functions, particularly in the operational, analytical and advisory activities of the business consulting arm of the company.
- Drive the implementation of the organisation’s business development strategy, marketing, project and programme delivery through the design and implementation of strong processes.
- Prepare and analyze programmes proposals, letters, business documents and programmes/projects. Carry out quality assurance on programmes and presentations.
- Work with department heads to develop innovative and strategic work programmes and projects across focus areas that respond to clients’ emerging needs and position the organisation as an intellectual leader and recognized source of solutions.
- Lead and oversee the development and growth of profitable new business with business consulting clients; develop and maintain effective key customer relationships as well as ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities.
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability. Oversee financial planning, inventory management and cost efficiency.
- Ensure timely and excellent delivery of programmes, projects and services of the organization in alignment with specifications and quality requirements. Deliver efficient problem-solving and strategy execution to meet and supersede client expectations.
- Produce yearly, quarterly and monthly strategies and growth plans, liaising with executive management and staff. Monitor organisation progress through the collation of activity and business development reports.
- Grow a strong organisation presence and market in Nigeria; build company image and presence by collaborating with clients, partners, government and employees. Work with Communications Team to promote the organisation on media channels.
- Develop relationships with partners, leads, clients, vendors, regulatory bodies and the government. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending meetings, workshops, reviewing relevant publications, establishing networks and participating in professional societies.
- Enforce effective day-to-day operations, standard policies and procedures, ethical conduct, industry and environmental compliance for all departments of the business. Encourage delivery of brand characters and good record keeping; contact lists, document storage, correspondence tracking, client testimonials and case studies.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to staff for special programmes and projects, and follow up for effective delivery. Encourage an atmosphere of collaboration across departments and drive innovation to bring the brand to resonate with clients. Chair organizational strategy planning and staff meetings.
- Manage staff administration; measure staff performance and give recommendations regarding compensation, promotion, discipline and termination in accordance with company policies. Responsible for staff recruitment, training and supervision.
- Review competitors, industry and economic trends regularly, mitigating risk and leveraging opportunities. Conduct extensive research related to clients and relevant to industry to produce policy briefs, memos, reports and publications. Provide editorial review for knowledge pieces.
- Research existing and emerging programme and policy areas to organisation focus areas. Analyze implementation of laws and policies, and develop recommendations based on the organisation’s agenda and global best practices.
- Lead and/or provide technical inputs to analytic work and advisory services, and/or supervising the preparation of deliverables and other relevant technical reports to staff, clients, in close collaboration with the relevant work streams, programme leaders, government agencies and sector experts within and outside the organisation’s offices.
- Ideally aged 35-45 years, with 10 years consulting and leadership experience.
- Strong academic qualifications, including a Postgraduate Degree.
- Associate/Fellow of a Chartered professional institute.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 8th December, 2017.