At Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. We strive to make Standard Chartered a great place to work by creating an engaging, inclusive and safe environment that rewards success and encourages employees to take control of their personal development.
At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We are recruiting to fill the post of : TMU Manager ID #: 347308
- To ensure that all suspicious reports escalated to country are resolved promptly.
- Provide all necessary assistance and information to Group AML Analysts and in-country analysts.
- Ensure prompt response to requests from regulators regarding suspicious transactions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all suspicious transactions escalated to TMU are investigated by the TM Analysts promptly.
- Promptly review suspicious transaction reports escalated by TM Analysts.
- Conduct quality assurance and KCSA reviews on the work of TM Analysts in Chennai
- Attend to requests from regulators for information arising from suspicious transaction reports lodged.
- Ensure that all necessary infrastructural support critical to TM investigative work are provided for to allow TMU Chennai perform their functions.
- Represent the Business in the implementation and enhancement of the Alchemist TM system.
- Provide pro-active support to Business and Senior management in ensuring the Bank operates in accordance with legal, regulatory and Group requirements in respect to the identification and timely reporting of STRs
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts to combat it by adhering to the key principles of “identifying your customer”, “know your customer”, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
Qualifications & Skills
- Investigation and Analysis Experience
- Strong AML Background
- CAMS Certified and a deep knowledge of the Regulatory landscape
- Understanding of Banking practices and products
- Good understanding of the Alchemist TM system
- Ability to work in a team, meet deadlines and obtain results
- Time management and organisation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, Then click TMU Manager