Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extension Worker
- The Position Tomato Jos is recruiting for an extension officer to support the growth and development of its smallholder program in Kaduna State.
- The program aims to work with local farmers to enable them raise their productivity and incomes by supplying a comprehensive package of products and services.
- Extension officers serve as the primary link between the farmers and the company, and play an important role towards meeting our social and economic impact goals.
- Support the smallholder program lead and the management team in the expansion of the program through the recruitment, onboarding, and management of farmer groups across Kaduna State.
- Track farmer progress throughout the season and provide extension support and advice.
- Work with other teams to coordinate smallholder activities such as trainings, input distribution, harvest, and profit payments.
- Support the development and delivery of a comprehensive training program for smallholder farmers and farmer groups, and provide regular reports to management.
- Conduct surveys and collect a range of data regularly from farmers and farms.
- The ideal candidate has an educational background in agriculture, experience training smallholder farmers (preferably in northern Nigeria), fluency in Hausa, and an ability to interact well with rural farmers.
- Candidates with experience conducting surveys as well as strong Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word capabilities will have an advantage, as will those with experience working in tomato value chains, and those who have worked with farmers in Kaduna State.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to develop and maintain relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Passion for agricultural development, especially in northern Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of extension delivery systems in rural areas.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to complex, evolving work conditions and environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Applications received after the closing date above will not be considered.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2018.