Tope Adebayo LLP – We are a full-service law firm located in the heart of Lagos State with a team of multi-talented and dedicated legal professionals grounded in the basic principles of excellence, professionalism, and integrity with focus on promised delivery and client satisfaction. Our excellent track record in legal advisory services to clients and agencies in all sectors of the economy is widely recognized and highly respected. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
The Job Holder will:
- Meet with clients and cultivate a strong client / counsel relationship.
- Understand and interpret capital market rules, codes, and regulations.
- Proffer advice on project and asset finance transactions as well as capital market transactions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret complex commercial agreements in support of a broad spectrum of business initiatives under the supervision of the managing partner.
- Actively engage in transactional, joint venture and M&A due diligence reviews, document preparation and negotiations, ensuring compliance with applicable national and international laws and regulations.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with minimal supervision, draft and review finance and security documentation.
- Maintain an active network of industry contacts, including trade associations, regulators, and public authorities.
- Consistently providing thought leadership by writing scholarly legal articles on ‘hot topics’ in area of expertise and participate in speaking engagements.
- Responsible for providing legal advice on a wide range of technology related agreements.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of technology contracts, and other related agreements.
- Ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly and in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship and supervisory responsibilities to junior associates and work as a team with other senior associates.
- Fulfil other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Managing Partner/Partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required
- Candidates should possess a BL / LLB / JD qualification
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with excellent academic credentials.
- A level of interpersonal skills sufficient to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships, with senior contacts both internal and external.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Concise and precise drafting skills.
- Good eye for detail and effective time-management.
- The ability to remain confident and assured in difficult circumstances, and to possess the resilience and stamina to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological, and working practice changes and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV with qualifications stated and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2022.