Torchlight Energy Resources Limited is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere.
Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Is responsible for full charge bookkeeping, including maintaining company financial records, monthly billing, billable time tracking and reports for review by the management team and outside certified public accounting firm.
- This includes, but is not limited to: accounts receivable and payable, EOM reconciliation, payroll, payroll taxes, quarterly payroll tax reports, invoicing, personnel payroll records, paid time off tracking, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly business reports, computer data entry of time slips as well as working with the company’s accounting firm and insurance agent and other items as needed by management.
- Experience in QuickBooks (or equivalent) and Microsoft Office products required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping records and tracking of all company assets purchased and in use. Update records when assets are removed and no longer in use. Report to CPA.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and financial analysis reports including but not limited to financial statements, client budget reports, employee time challenge reports, part-time employee hours report, employee financial profit share report, accounts receivable reports, etc.
- Responsible for follow up phone calls/emails and letters to track billing records, payment requests, bank statements, anything financial that needs follow-up, etc.
- Prepare and maintain government client reporting and estimating.
- Provide advice and assistance in making decisions in the areas of finances, analysis, financial software and accounting as requested by management.
- Working cooperatively with the company’s certified public accounting and insurance firms.
- Full charge bookkeeping including all month and year end journal entries.
- Compilation and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements for in-house use and CPA firm for year end tax purposes and decision making.
- Maintain employee records including but not limited to hours, salary, mileage and personal time off, etc.
- Process payroll semimonthly, file all payroll taxes and forms monthly, quarterly and yearly as required by Federal and State laws. Maintain payroll files and reports.
- Manage Timeslips program including but not limited to reviewing and downloading time, checking for accuracy and proof/edit as needed. Maintain the program and update as needed.
- Maintain all client accounts of time, billings and payments. Collection of accounts receivable when necessary.
- Prepare all monthly client invoicing and vendor payments for management team approval and mailing
- Reconcile credit card receipts and statements monthly. Track credit card receipts for client invoicing and pay cards in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self directed and self-motivated.
- Be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of common financial matters in a timely manner.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.
- Must be based in Abuja
- ICAN Certified.
- Have an Associate Degree or higher with experience and knowledge in bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Have experience in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products mainly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Have demonstrated ability to make sound professional decisions.
- Maintain client and business confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] subject of mail should be position applied for.
Application Deadline 28th December, 2018.