Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Liaise with the Executive and the Legislative arms of Government on public policies as they affect the oil & gas industry.
• Provide intelligence in respect of developments in Government circles and the polity in general.
• Monitor legislative actions and provide appropriate advice from time to time.
• Monitor legislations that affect the company and the oil & gas industry in general.
• Monitor government activities in the FCT and in the Niger Delta.
• Create and maintain good working relationship with Federal Legislators and other functionaries of government.
• Manage official appointments for the MD and other top Executives of the company in all government concerns i.e. The executive the legislature and NNPC in Abuja
• Carry out communication functions including coverage and reporting of company activities in Abuja for internal and external publics
• Partake in the planning and execution of corporate activities such as conferences, exhibitions, etc
• Liaise with news reporters on a regular basis
The ideal applicant must possess people skills including excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills. S/he must be a team player.
The ideal applicant should have at least 3 – 6 years relevant experience with good working knowledge of the Nigerian oil and gas industry. S/he should have experience working with government or government representatives.