Posted on :
25 May, 2010
The successful candidate will carry out but not limited to the following:
– Liaise effectively with government agencies in the bid to secure relevant permits and approvals for import and export functions
– Analyze and determine as necessary the most economic and efficient mode of freighting and customs clearance
– Maintain adequate Follow-up with Duets in the User Departments served
– Supervise the activities of foreign / local clearing and forwarding agents.
– Project Operations execution, documentation and follow-up activities
– Oversee the activities of our Marine cargo surveyors for Marine insurance purposes.
– Liaise with Port operators for Company Interests, and Head of Yards for of stacking provisions management
– Liaise with Onne Base Logistics, warehouse for efficient operations and cargo deliveries
– Execute Internal finance processes, duty payments & procedures
– Participate in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation.
– Negotiate and Manage settlements for Material damages arising from operations in relations with Insurance
– Manage and maintain an efficient container tracking system and minimize demurrage
– Participate in the follow-up and evaluation of the freight forwarders and customs clearing agents
– Maintain companywide accessible shipping database for Sea Imports, prepare weekly reports.
– Maintain operational files and records by shipping transactions. And make entries on any Company approved software.
– Perform any other tasks as assigned to him by his hierarchy
The successful candidate should have a BSc degree in any Management or Social Sciences
The ideal applicant should have at least 3 – 6 years relevant experience with good working knowledge of the Nigerian oil and gas industry. S/he should have experience working with government or government representatives.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
• Must be very analytical with ability to propose innovative and workable alternatives or solutions
• Must have good interpersonal relationship skills