Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Total Nigeria recruits Government Relations Officer to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Liaise with all tiers of top government functionaries (Executives and members of the States Assemblies) of both Rivers and Akwa Ibom States
• Develop and manage databases (Profiles/CVs) for Rivers and Akwa Ibom State Governments – Executive and Legislative
• Prepare monthly analysis of Political, Economic and Business Intelligence concerning Rivers and Akwa Ibom States
• Establish and maintain an events calendar for critical Rivers and Akwa Ibom States Government contacts.
• Organize Interactive Sessions, conferences, seminars for the Executive and Legislature.
• Manage travel arrangements for top Government functionaries in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States on TEPNG’s sponsorships or invitations.
• Establish comprehensive database and details on the activities of Rivers and Akwa Ibom States Assemblies and their relevant Committees.
• Monitor and analyse Legislative Bills (Industry related and Industry specific) in the Rivers and Akwa Ibom States Assemblies and forward early warning signs as they affect TEPNG.
• Manage corporate events in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Public Affairs
The ideal applicant should be a Bachelors degree holder in Law, Mass Communication or any of the disciplines in the Social Sciences.
The ideal applicant should possess:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills .
• Excellent IT skills including knowledge of MS Office. S/he must also be a good team player.