Posted on :
25 May, 2010
Total is one of the world’s major oil and gas groups. Its activities include exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing. Total Nigeria recruits Mechanical Engineer to be based in Port Harcourt Nigeria
This job is within the framework of the USAN project which is a new field development in 750 m water depth and 100 km south of the Nigerian coast. USAN is being developed with 42 subsea wells connected to a 2MMbbls storage FPSO via 2 production loops, 2 water injection lines and 1 gas injection line. The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
– Work with the USAN Project FPSO Package Engineering team to perform and liaise with the other Packages (SPS, UFR) to ensure operational acceptability and maintainability of the design of the global USAN Field Mechanical systems.
– Review Engineering deliverables to achieve the above objective
– Participate in the Mechanical systems FATs, IFATs and SATs accordingly (e.g. gas turbines engines, gas compressors, air compressors, pumps, hydraulic units, cranes, diesel engines)
– Provide assistance regarding the Mechanical systems design and functionalities to the Operations Technical Support, the Production and the Maintenance / Inspection teams as required to allow them to perform their preparation activities related to facilities hand-over, start-up and normal operations
– Participate in Technical queries clearance with the Engineering team.
– Work with teh commissioning team to assist in the actual deployment, integration and testing of the Mechanical systems on the FPSO and more generally in the Mechanical commissioning activities.
– Perform equipment performance analysis; develop and put in place suitable monitoring programmes and co-ordinates as required the repairs.
– Perform technical studies in his field of competence as instructed in view of improving performance or upgrading the facilities and follows-up the spare parts and consumables consumption, report anomalies and initiate suitable action in order to prevent shortage
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a BSC in Mechanical Engineering.
The ideal candidate should have excellent command of written and spoken English, good communication skills