Trading Tons is a global agricultural trading company with a head office in Switzerland and Operation office in Lagos Nigeria and South Africa. Trading Tons deals with products such as Hibiscus, Ginger, Turmeric, Sesame seeds, Bird eye chilli pepper, Groundnut amongst other commodities. Trading Tons is made up of professionals with experience spanning over 10 years and has successfully developed a diverse network of clients on a global service. Our vision is to bring the African Farmer to the global marketplace by our trading. We also aim to trade only the highest quality products and are continuously striving to improve our standards to drive internationally competitiveness.
Job Title: Operations and Purchasing Officer
- Develop, implement and maintain a commodity inventory strategy that supports the company’s supply chain, reporting outputs and on time detail management
- Must be able to deliver on time to customers.
- Customer feedback management
- Invoicing and quality control follow
- Must be able to evaluate market conditions in order to maintain inventory levels and control costs.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend vendors.
- Manages ongoing relationships with suppliers and in-country accountants
- Must provide daily and weekly updates on supplier contract delivery against targets and budget to top management.
- FX risk management and reporting such as daily rates.
- Should be able to manage subordinate managers and professionals.
- Should be able to provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Should be able to play a vital role in developing and managing the budget.
- Should be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Must have a 3 years and above managerial experience and a bachelor degree.
Key Performance Indicators & Outputs (indicative)
- He / She must be willing to travel upcountry especially to the Northern part of Nigeria.
- He or She must be willing to stay upcountry for a long period of time.
- Must be an expertise in Agricultural commodities such as Ginger, Garlic, Hibiscus Flower, Sesame seeds, Cashew nut.
- Proven working experience as a purchasing manager or agent.
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage.
- Must be loyal and trustworthy.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be familiar with the Nigerian export trade.
- An Operations Director must be able to develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- An Operations Director must be able to track and report key functional metric to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- An OD must be able to forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Must be able to perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Ability to seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- An Operations Director must be to assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Must be able to determine quality and timing of deliveries.
- Must be familiar with sourcing and Vendor management
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] Using Operations and Purchasing Manager as the subject.
Application Deadline 24th September, 2018