Transport Services Limited – Collectively, the companies create a strategic supply chain and logistics platform for the supply and distribution of goods and services from source to the last mile. We are committed to our continental drive to provide bespoke supply chain and logistics solutions to Corporate Entities and National Governments across the African continent. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Fleet Maintenance
Locations: Cross River, Lagos, Ogun
Key Purpose of Job
- This role would be responsible for providing conceptual leadership for the strategic direction and day to day of management of the fleet maintenance department as well as building a strong brand and culture.
- The role is responsible for providing leadership to ensure continued availability of fleet, driving improvements in the customer experience and striving to improve external and industry accolades.
- In addition, responsible for developing the departmental strategy, overseeing the operational execution of this strategy; building capabilities that will deliver a fully integrated value proposition, ultimately delivering sustainable growth for the overall success of the business.
Strategy Formulation & Implementation:
- Responsible for the organic growth and development of additional business opportunities.
- Responsible for enhancing the reputation and relationship of the business with strategic partners and accounts to further the division’s business interests.
- Provide strategic advice to the Chief Operating Officer so that they will have accurate view of the company’s future.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and activities.
- Ensure company policies are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of the senior team by providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Liaise with other departments’ heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans
- Develop, review, and report on the department’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by team members
- Create a dynamic and “fit for purpose” organisational structure, develop and lead senior team to deliver against key organisational goals, whilst embracing and driving through continuous business improvement.
- Prepare and agree annual performance objectives for the business to ensure that success is driven and promoted throughout the business. Monitor performance against agreed SLAs and managing internal and external expectations.
- Provide strategic leadership in the pursuit of corporate objectives that are in line with stakeholder objectives.
- To produce an Annual Business Plan for the company and after approval ensures effective implementation. Make sure that the key performance indicators as Budgeted are maintained or improved upon.
- Ensure clear communications are maintained between team members, operations team, finance team, HSSEQ team, line management and vendors.
- Ensure that all reporting systems are objective, accurate and timely.
- Recommend and Implement policies that will effectively address the systemic gaps, leakages identified during repairs and maintenance period.
- Overall management of the fleet maintenance unit and ensuring compliance with company’s health, safety and security regulations and policies
- Develop cost control and cost reduction strategies.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting returns on a period basis including performance to budget, cost factor/indications by vehicle.
- With inputs from the first line reporting Managers, prepare consolidated budgets, the Annual Business Plan, Period Performance Statements and Management Information. The over-riding controls with the budget compliance and cost indicators.
- Inaugurate a Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators.
- Procure new fleet and arrange disposal of redundant vehicles.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with Head of HSSEQ on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Manage staff in line with company’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manage performance of team members and ensure performance objectives are set in line with company’s performance management policies and procedures.
- Ensure team members undertake training in line with individual personal development plans
- Ensure effective supervision of team members is maintained at all times and particularly with new or inexperienced people.
- The suitable candidate should have a minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in a logistics company with the last five (5) years in a management role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2019.